Question
Posted by: annonomus | 2011-04-18

pass out and heart cramps

my boyfriend has heart cramps and then passout for about 10 min and then when he wakes up can''t remember anything. last saturday night he passed out then stoped breathing and then suddenly comes by. i don'' t know whats the cause of this but he does''nt wants to go and see a doctor. please help

Expert ImageCardiologist

Hi anonymous.

You don't mention your boyfriends age, but I take it he is young. There are no such things as "heart cramps" and your boyfriend's black-outs are probably due to what is know as "vasovagal syncope", in other words simple faints.

However they should be taken seriously and a proper diagnosis should be made. Please make sure he sees a doctor and is referred if necessary to a specialist.

This sort of symptom should never be ignored and needs careful assessment. Men are stubborn but I'm sure you have ways of making him listen to you!

1
Posted by: Cardiologist | 2011-04-19

Hi anonymous.

Reply to Cardiologist