Question
Posted by: wORRIED | 2008/08/26

PARVOVIRUS NOW PNEUMONIA

I posted last week about our 4 month old boerbull having parvovirus.

We just got a call that he has now developed pneumonia is this normal ?

The vet says that the good news is that the parvo seems to be clearing, his intestines are still fine (they did x rays) and his white blood cell count is getting higher but he has a temperature and now the pneumonia. We' re going to go and see him tonight. I' m really worried.

Dear Worried

Parvo attacks the immune system and this makes them prone to secondary infections. Ask the vet how he can distinguish between fine intestines and not so fine intestines on x-rays?