Question
Posted by: :( | 2009-03-18

Parvolex

Can you please tell me what Parvolex cost to receive IV? I' ve received a horrible bill and want to check that the price is actually right...

Expert ImagePharmacist

This depends on how many ampouls of the parvolex you were given - You can expect to pay in the region of R280-R290 per ampoule (200mg/ml, 10ml). If given for a paracetamol overdose for example the suggested dose is 150mg/kg bodyweight over 15 minutes, then 50mg/kg over 4 hours and then 100mg/kg over 16 hours. At this dose a person weighing in the area of 60kg should need about 10 amps. This (for the parvolex alone) should set you back about R2800-R2900.
Then you need to add the Dextrose 5% in with it is administered, the surgical supplies, the doctor and facility fees.

1
Posted by: :( | 2009-03-19

Ouch...

Reply to :(