Question
Posted by: Dzeal | 2012/04/30

Partner won''t see shrink

I''''ve been in a relationship with my partner for a couple of months now but already have broken up and made up more than I ever had to in my life due to petty things. But colleting all thoughts I think she has more baggage than I thought so I arranged for us to see a shrink (which she agreed to). Twice I had to cancel becuase she would start up an argument so not to have the sessions. I know I can''''t make her seek therapy if she''''s not ready to face own issues but this is affecting our relationship and I''''m getting tired of trying.

This is not a all promising - and that she pretended to agree, and let you waste money and time making appointments, then created a fuss to avoid facing the sessions, says she has no genuine intention of sorting things out. and intends to keep her baggage ( and she's probably only unpacked a little of it so far so there'd be more to come ). GOod idea to consider ending the relationship, wishing her well, and moving on

3
Posted by: Dzeal | 2012/04/30

Thanks for the advise. Just what I''ve been thinking but didn''t want to just end this all without getting other''s views on this. I know there are people who are comfortable being in a challenging relationship like this one but I''m not for this. I have a lot of love to give and it''s just a pity. She unpacked some rather deep-rooted childhood trauma (which at times I don''t think they''re all true) but I think she did so to get my sympathy.

Thanks for the advise!

Reply to Dzeal
Posted by: Maria | 2012/04/30

If she''s not willing to work on the relationship and her issues, and you''re tired of trying, why don''t you cut your losses and go?

Reply to Maria