Question
Posted by: Zan | 2010/02/24

Partner HIV and Im not

Good day Doc

Please advise me, i am in a relationship of about 3 months. A month ago i engaged in unprotected sex with my boyfriend. Then he said we must go and test ourselves to play safe. My test came out negative and his test was positive. But through my discovery, he has been living with it for about 2 years and i confronted him about it and he said he is sorry but was scared that he was going to lose. I am currently in the window period and i must go and test again in February. I love him so much but im not sure if i am doing the right thing. And what caution should i take when involved with someone who is HIV positive, besides using protection (condoms)?

Condoms are considered a barrier method and are mostly fairly safe to use to avoid pregnancy. It is however in the case of cuts in the condom that its safety is compromised. You mention that no semen came near you – which would furthermore minimize the risk. Unfortunately the only accurate method would be to do a pregnancy test in a month’s time and know 100%. From what you are saying it is however highly unlikely.

You are also welcome to contact our helpline – 0860100262 where you could be assisted to get in touch with a therapist as close a possible to you.
Furthermore you are welcome to visit the following website for any more sexual health information and assignments that could be helpful: www.sexualhealth.co.za

7
Posted by: kkk | 2010/03/01

It sounds to me that he was trying to trap you to be positive so that he can keep you like THAT, it is a damn strategy at an expense of your life BUT ANYWAY YOU ARE A FOOL TOO, how do you sleep with someone you have known for three months without condom and have not even tested, I AM SORRY but i do not feel for you, i think you should have known better.

Reply to kkk
Posted by: sexologist | 2010/02/26

Reply to sexologist
Posted by: Dee | 2010/02/25

What about the fact that this ignorant girl had sex with a man whose status she did not know or bother to find out, that makes her just as responsible for the spread of AIDS as she did not disclose her status to him before hand either, what if it had been the other way round and hers came back positive and his negative.

Reply to Dee
Posted by: Woman | 2010/02/24

Sleeping with someone whilst knowing that you are HIV+ is considered attempted murder legally. Your choice is what to do about the fact the this man is/ was trying to kill you?

Reply to Woman
Posted by: TT | 2010/02/24

It''s wrong to say someone is a fool or mad when she ask for ur advice. Zan, ask for yourself one question, where he was for the past two years sure he was busy doing the same thing to someone else.

My advice is run and make sure you dont see him anymore.

Reply to TT
Posted by: Big Boy | 2010/02/24

You are a fool.You should open a criminal charge against him for knowingly having unprotected sex with you after him knowing his status.Leave him.He is playing with your life.This is not cool.He is the reason for the spread of aids.He should be shot and shot again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reply to Big Boy
Posted by: JJ | 2010/02/24

U are mad he knew what he was doing, i will run away there is nothing called love in that situation.

Reply to JJ