Question
Posted by: Michael Tribelhorn | 2011/02/17

Partner has lost physical attraction to me

We have had a relationship for 8 years. I lost interest in her physically in the first year. 5 months ago she decided we should part company if only temporary, and deal with our own issues. I agreed, moved out and decided to go for therapy. My therapy was very successful and I have laid to rest my issues stemming from childhood days. I have revived my physical attraction for my partner but she has a mental block when it comes to me. She tells me that she finds me very attractive and always has but because I rejected her in the first year she has never been able to revive that physical desire for me! She says she loves me and misses me.

This sounds like a tragic story! Unfortunately her sexual desire is heavily influenced by her psychological frame of mind and if she has been badly hurt and struggles to trust youl then her desire is likely to be suppressed. Additionally,it is quite commen that women in long term relationships experience a dramatic reduction in spontaneous desire even when the relationship is good. This may be making matters worse.

She could experience an improvement in desire as she comes to trust you again, but this is not likley to be as it was in the beginning. Furthermore,she doesn't need desire in order to choose to be sexual, so if she trusts you enough to be sexual, there is a way around the lack of 'hunger' for sex.

3
Posted by: dudu | 2011/02/17

my patner has just recently told me that he has lost sexual interest in me,could you please say what made you lose sexual interest in her.How did you continue the relationship with her?

Reply to dudu
Posted by: SHANE AUSTRALIA | 2011/02/17

TYPICAL WOMEN ! THEY WONT SLEEP WITH THEIR HUSBANDS FOR MONTHS,BUT WILL THE NEXT WOMEN THAT DOES !

Reply to SHANE AUSTRALIA
Posted by: Sexologist | 2011/02/17

Reply to Sexologist