Posted by: Worried | 2009-09-29

partner cant sleep

after work we are tired we eat then get to movies or tv.i always pass out.before 9 or 10pm.but he cant sleep no matter how tired he feels.
he only get sleep around 3 to 4am,and has to be awake by the time he waked you can see he is very tired.he says he cant sleep.he was drinking this other sleeping pills(forgot the name) but still cannot sleep.he would just be turning the whole night or watching movies when hes supposed to be resting.he is 23.i am worried about him.
please advise
thank you

Best he should see a psychiatrist, at least a good GP, for assessment of his sleeping problem, as only with a sound diagnosis of the CAUSE of his sleeping difficulties could we work out the best way to solve this problems. Sleeping meds are never a good long-term solution pto sleping problems. Sometimes simple Sleep Hygiene methods help ( try googling that term ) ; sometimes there's a degree of depression or a stress / anxiety Disorder, and treatment of that, with CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ) and perhaps meds, could solve the sleeping problem.

Posted by: Bill | 2009-09-29

Hi I might be missing the bus, but I have the same problem and get very little sleep. In my case it is caused by depression and a lack of satisfying sex. I always have to initiate sex, and nine out of ten times it is like she is doing me a favour. If your sex life is good then go see a doctor to find another cause.

Reply to Bill