Question
Posted by: parimal | 2011/06/28

partialism : what are the symptoms

in one of your expert reply i found this on the answer for foot fetish::
There is a paraphilia called partialism, where a person can only experience sexual arousal and sexual release when they solely focus on a part of the human body, such as the foot, and are unable to experience sexual arousal and sexual relaeas in other ways and in relation to a whole person - This is a disorder.

I want to know how can we find out whether we are sufering from partialism or not. is there any specific guidelines or check list which will give answers to it??

Dear Parimal,

The description of partialism " as a disorder" is as described above i.e. "where a person can only experience sexual arousal and sexual release when they solely focus on a part of the human body, such as the foot, and are unable to experience sexual arousal and sexual relaeas in other ways and in relation to a whole person".

The next part of deteromining whether it is a disorder is that it causes significant distress in a persons personal, relational, social and/or work life.

Please note that many people find certain parts of another person's body particularly attractive and arousing, e.g. eyes, feet, hands, legs, buttocks, earlobes etc etc. The person is still able to engage sexually with the other person as a person or may focus particularly on this aspect of their sexual partner's body as a primary trigger/source of arousal and/or to bring them to a point of orgasm without it causing them distress.

So only in the situation where it does cause clinically significant distress for the person is it considered a possible disorder.

2
Posted by: parimal | 2011/06/29

i got your point. at the moment i am single. and not married yet also virgin. i am not sure whether only feets will turn me on or not.
but lets consider the only feets are making me turn on. in such case after marriage when my partner wont be knowing about it or wont be accepting this will stay happy with me? will i face any problems in having normal sex life??
will i get any problems in satisfying my partner sexually?? will this foot fetish will affect anything?? will i face any problems in having baby???
i want to know answers for about doubts/questions. if possible please answer each question in detail way.
i also want to mention that till now foot fetish does not cause distress in my work life or social life. but i did not shared this also with anyone.
thanks hoping to see reply soon

Reply to parimal
Posted by: sexologist | 2011/06/29

Dear Parimal,

Reply to sexologist