Posted by: Denise | 2009-04-02

Parrot Question

I have a 2year old african grey parrot. I am 18 weeks pregnant and the parrot behaves in a strange way towards me. Everytime I come near him he will open his wings and make strange noises. He will only come to me and not my husband or daughter. It looks like he wants to be near my tummy for some strange reason. Why is he behaving that way? Please advise.

Dear Denise

He wants to repeat those swear words to your baby. I think he is planning a revenge.

Posted by: Ria | 2009-06-11

My mother has a Madagascar parrot who was very lovable when she just received it, by now it doesn' t want her to get near her. It has even bitten het when she wanted to chnage the food and water. What can she do and why is the parrot now so angry?

Reply to Ria
Posted by: sparrowhawke | 2009-04-03

ur parrot also has maternal instincts and he sees u as a mate he may even think its his baby and its a thing greys do during breeding season , onceurbaby is born be careful as he may find ur baby is taking more attention from him or he will try frrding ur baby and be extremly protective depending on how strong ur bond is with him.

Reply to sparrowhawke
Posted by: Carol | 2009-04-02

Animals all have an instinct when it comes to their humans wellbeing.

I have two dogs, 5 parrots, and 16 cats when im sick im surrounded by my dogs and cats and my one partuclar grey (my baby).

Your parrot BTW is also using body langauge asking to be picked up and petted.

Reply to Carol