Question
Posted by: Sharon | 2009/09/18

Parkinson' s disease progression

Dear Dr Breedt
I have been diagnosed with parkinson' s and have read extensively about the symptoms and treatment etc. I know thdisease progresses differently in everyone but would like an indications as to how long I would have at the very least before becoming dependent on help. Just a quess - worst case senario. a year, two . five? Your help will be appreciated.

Sharon

Parkinson's is a slow progressive disease and unfortunately, it depends from person to person. The doctor who diagnosed you will have a better idea, as he/she knows your medical history and the test results.