Question
Posted by: karen | 2010/10/13

Parkinson symptoms

I''ve noticed over the last year that my mother-in-law''s big toe on her right foot has a tremor when she''s relaxed. Last week her husband had a health issue that she thought was a stroke. I saw her just after they''d been to the doctor and her whole foot shook even when I held it. She often complains that her right foot gets cramps.

I suggested to her that she has it checked out but she''s sure it''s nothing. Am I worrying unnecessarily?

Hallo Karen
It could be the beginning of a neurological problem like Parkinsons disease so it may be better to let a neurologist examine her. The danger is that she may not be able to control it, and that it may lead to falls and injuries.
dr Bets

3
Posted by: karen | 2010/10/16

Tx dr. I''ll do the necessary convincing.

Reply to karen
Posted by: karen | 2010/10/13

One other thing, she says she''s aware of the tremor but that it happens intermittently. But I''ve noticed that it happens at her monthly pedicure.

Reply to karen
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/13

Hallo Karen
dr Bets