Question
Posted by: Emma | 2010/01/19

Parkands Cape Town tormented by tomcat

The suburb of Parklands is tormented by a white male cat. It has grey markings (circles). This cat terrorises the neighborhood, goes into homes and last night was the last straw when it nearly shredded my very gentle 7 year old female. She now has to go the vet and I have vowed to trace the owners through the police or whatever because they will pay the vet bills. Despite complaints sent to the local newspaper no-one responds or takes reponsibility for this cat. It is not a wild cat either. You cannot however get near it. I had a man knock on my door (furious) saying he was ready to kill it and was it my cat. It has been going into his home peeing all over his house, eating the cat food and terrorising his cats. I am an animal lover but enough is enough. Phoned the SPCA and we are told to " phone them when we see the cat" . It ain' t gonna sit there waiting for them.

So, what do you do. My cat is in extreme pain and I am severely annoyed.

How does one scare that cat so that it will never ever come back without injuring it of course???

I feel like laying charges, we are all woken up nightly at 3am due to this feline and on the rare occasion when my cat lies in MY driveway he goes for her. Why should I keep my cat locked up permanently because other selfish people can' t look after theirs?

Dear Emma

Get a catch cage from the SPCA, catch him and have him neutered. If he does not belong to anyone the SPCA can try to rehome him.

3
Posted by: Vrye Denker | 2010/01/21

Get a gun and shoot it. If you can' t get a gun, get a kettie/catapult/wrist-rocket/whatever it' s called these days and shoot the little bugger.

Reply to Vrye Denker
Posted by: Carol | 2010/01/19

In all probability this guy is a stray , contact one of the rescue societies in the area to trap him.

Reply to Carol
Posted by: Cybervet | 2010/01/19

Dear Emma

Reply to Cybervet