Posted by: AnotherOne | 2010-02-21

Parents is to blame

Parents need to look at themselves. Many suicides is because kids are gay or lesbian and do not understand what they are going through themselves in teenage years. Their parents aversion to being gay and gay people and comments about these things these parents make regarding the subject lead the kid to not see a future for themselves. Parents need to take full blame of their kids suicides. It is parents that do not teach their kids to be happy with ''self'' whatever that ''self"  is that eventually have to deal with their kids suicide. (and then they say it was a troubled child..... troubled children come from troubled parents). Parents teach your children to celebrate whatever they want to be or is and u will have a happy child for the rest of your life excelling in everything he or she does.

Expert ImageTeen Suicide guest experts

Dear AnotherOne

Thank you so much for your comment. It is very true that parents need to accept their children and celebrate who they are, rather then forcing their children to try and be what they want them to be!

It is important to note that although parental difficulties can often contribute to depression and suicide, it is usually a combination of many factors that cause a person to take their own live's.

In my experence there are parents that are really supportive and do the best that they can for their children, whose children still become so depressed that they commit suicide, due to other factors.

I hope you find my answer helpful