Question
Posted by: Wendy | 2011/03/08

Parent Trap

My fiance and i have been together for 2 and a half years.my problem is that we are always visiting his family.they arnt exactly crazy about me and can be quite mean but i dont mind because i know its important for him too see them.but its been getting too much later.we have seen them basically every weekend for the last two months and we havnt had any time for ourselves.i told him that its too much and we need time to ourselves but then he puts me on a guilt trip and i end up feeling really guilty and apologizing!i dont know if im overreacting or not?

If they are mean to you and make you feel bad, it is his duty, if he cares genuinely about you, to speak with them and tell them he cares about you and that they must stop making things unpleasant for you. And if he's not prepared to do that, then maybe he doesn't care enough about you. There's absolutely nothing for you to feel guilty about. A pair of people who think they are a couple would usually want to spend time together, and not only to spend time with his family

2
Posted by: BeautyInTheEyeOfTheBeholder | 2011/03/08

That''s love, or at least in your case the way you are experiencing love, guilt trips aren''t always bad things guilt is a living thing that touches all of us.

I guess the question is, regardless of any advice you receive here, what are you going to do about your situation?

Hey its cool and helpful to post questions on internet forums, but in the end its you that has to make and be accountable for your decision.

Reply to BeautyInTheEyeOfTheBeholder