Question
Posted by: Brant | 2009/11/09

Paratid Salivary Gland - Recovery...?

Hi. I was assaulted, and have a leaking Paratid gland (the actual gland leaks saliva into the sorounding tissue. The surgeon has said that the only way to solve the problem is surgically remove it. I am concerned for my facial nerves, the scar, as well as will my mouth produce enough saliva? Is there perhaps not another alternative... ie medicate, and asperate...?
I am currently using cellfood repair, and hoping for the best! Do you think it might recover on its own?

please assist. I am due for surgery in 2 weeks, and I am looking for another way out of this mess!!!!

Kind Regards
Brant

Hallo Brant
You do have other salivary glands in the mouth (see http://www.greenfacts.org/glossary/pqrs/salivary-glands.htm)so you won't get a dry mouth. It must however preferably be done by a specialist trained in mouth and jaw surgery. See www.baoms.org.uk/displaypagedocs.asp?id=190&doc=1 for more info on the procedure.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/09

Hallo Brant

Reply to cyberdoc