Question
Posted by: Parathyroid | 2009/01/12

Parathyroid removal

I need to have a parathyroid gland removed. A procedure called mini-parathyroid surgery is now the state of the art overseas and the normal procedures that leave you looking like a slit-throat victim are not really used anymore. It is much safer than the old procedure and recovery is faster.

The problem is, I cannot find anybody in SA who is keeping up to date with this. Where can I find a surgeon who practices this new method?

Dear Parathyroid
Email this prof, he may be able to refer you to somebody: eugenio.panieri@uct.ac.za