Question
Posted by: friend4life | 2010/10/18

parathyroid disease - help plse

I am 42yrs, On HRT. Did some blood test and found that
my PTH is 138.9, two weeks back it was 99. cal is 2.32 , vit D 11.

I have been to five doctors because of leg/bones painful, not sleeping, poor concentration, skin very sentive and headaces and blood pressure(140/102) is just going up. The surgeon say the parathyroid must be removed, GP says I must just use (Xefo 8mg) pain tablets but it is just making my stomach burn, Endocrinologist says i must get vit D supplements. Do not need op.(pay endocrinologist R600 for consultation for a R20.00 script.

I have spent over R15000.00 on tests/scans/blood test and bone density(normal) tests already.

I feel so sick can barely walk, who can go and see to sort this out for me.

I live in Boksburg on the East Rand.

Expert ImageHealthy Bones

I have just spoken to our endocrinologists who absolutely agree that vit D supplementation is the treatment of choice here- it does not seem as if they could locate any parathyroid nodule on your scans and you probably have what we call secondary hyperparathyroidism due to your low vit D levels. This needs to be taken for a month and then you blood levels need to be done again to see whether this has been effective. hope this puts your mind at ease- endocrinologists are really the experts on this.

1
Posted by: Healthy Bones | 2010/10/20

Reply to Healthy Bones