Question
Posted by: friend4life | 2010/10/18

Parathyroid disease - help plse

I am 42yrs, On HRT. Did some blood test and found that
my PTH is 138.9, two weeks back it was 99. cal is 2.32 , vit D 11.

I have been to five doctors because of leg/bones painful, not sleeping, poor concentration, skin very sentive and headaces and blood pressure(140/102) is just going up. The surgeon say the parathyroid must be removed, GP says I must just use (Xefo 8mg) pain tablets but it is just making my stomach burn, Endocrinologist says i must get vit D supplements. Do not need op.(pay endocrinologist R600 for consultation for a R20.00 script.

I have spent over R15000.00 on tests/scans/blood test and bone density(normal) tests already.

I feel so sick can barely walk, who can go and see to sort this out for me.

I live in Boksburg on the East Rand.

Hallo Friend4life
I need more information about the blood tests (e.g. is it measured in ng/l or something else?) and what the lab reference ranges are. High PTH can be caused by tumours or growths in the parathyroid glands but also by low vit D and low calcium levels. You have seen the right doctor (endocrinologist) so unless you want a second opinion, why don’t you try the supplements he prescribed first?

4
Posted by: Parathyroid disease | 2010/10/19

Jammer Dr Hudson se no is 011 875 1740

Reply to Parathyroid disease
Posted by: Parathyroid | 2010/10/19

Hallo, Probeer Dr GM Hudson, Hy is ''n Specialist Physician.Sy tel no is 011 87501740 Life Fourways Hospitaal. Hy is BRILJANT. Ek is ''n pasient by hom vir 3 jaar. Ek het Polyglandular type 1 with hypothyrodismeand perniciousananemia. Het ook die verskriklikste pyne in my spiere en kan nou normaal loop.

Reply to Parathyroid
Posted by: Parathyroid | 2010/10/19

Reply to Parathyroid
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/10/19

Hallo Friend4life