Posted by: searching | 2009-10-31

parathyroid ??

Hi, after months of being told nothing wrong with me, finally a radio active scan found my parathyroid to be over acting. now called a tumor that needs to be removed. Was told by specialist to find a surgeon. my idea of surgeon is someone that you never see, but cuts you and goes away. Anyone can help with a well experienced surgeon to cut my neck! sounds horrible but i feel so low as i am constantly tired, sleepy, depressed and dont have much energy and now i am told that i must have an operation which i am petrified of.

The doctor who made the diagnosis is obliged to refer you to the appropriate surgeon, along with the necessary medical records. Contact him/her for a referral letter.

Posted by: parathryoid | 2009-11-06

check your calcium levels B,if even slightly high then there might be a parathryoid problem

Reply to parathryoid
Posted by: B | 2009-11-01

Can you please tell me if your thyroid levels were ever checked and what they were. I am feeling so horrible at the moment and my thyroid levels are 4.35 just higher than normal but not high enough to treat and I feel like an 80 year old woman.

Reply to B