Question
Posted by: Denise | 2009-04-06

Paranoid or not?

I am now 18 weeks pregnant and feel a bit concerned. I haven' t felt any movement yet and this is my second child. However it really feels like my tummy is getting smaller at times (looks flabby) and then all of a sudden it will harden the next day. Some days I don' t even look pregnant and other days my tummy is big. Over these last couple of days I did not have any movement but this morning as I brushed over my tummy it seemed to have harden and then relaxed again. This happened quite a few times this morning but only when I brush over it (at no other time). Could this be the baby moving everytime I touch my tummy? Can the baby feel my touch now? I know it sounds weird but please, I am really concerned.

Movements may only be felt at 22 weeks. If you have had normal scans, there shouldn't be anything to worry about. It is probably tightening of the uterus that you are feeling and not movement of the baby.