Question

Paranoid

I am a paranoid Obbessive Compulsive. I tend to go to many doctors to ask about my medication. I am happy with my current psychiatrist but just cant seem to trust him when he tells me something. The problem is when I go from one doctor to the next I get different opions and it makes me even more confused. I have been on a certain drug that has really heled me for many years and terrified of something horrible going wrong. How do I settle with one doctor and trust him?

It's rarely a good idea to go "doctor-shopping" among many doctors, as then none of them get to know you really well, and though they may have different plans any of which might help you, taking a bit of each may be the most unhelpful approach. As you find the present psychiatrist makes you feel happy in some ways - why not raise this issue of trust difficulties, etc., directly and frankly with him / her ? It would be useful to discuss and deal with openly

2
Posted by: my2cents | 2010/02/24

Sounds like you''ve answered your own question.
You have to settle with one doctor before you can trust him/her.
What I am saying is, relationships are built on trust so you''ll have to stick with one doctor long enough to build up a relationship of trust between the two of you. It''s going to be hard but just give it a try.
You can do it.

I''m not an expert but I''m just trying to simplify the trust part of your problem. We all find it hard to trust at times but we have to realise that only once we trust ourselves (in any situation), can we trust others.

I hope this helps, even in the smallest way.

Oh, and now go &  see that doctor.

Reply to my2cents