Question
Posted by: mich24 | 2012-09-27

PARANOIA AND H ORMONES IN PRE-MENOPAUSE PHASE

I''m only 43 years old but I''m becoming increasingly paranoid. I''m reading on the internet that it''s related to hormones and menopause. Should I seek psychological help or must I use medication to get through the whole menopause phase

There can be many reasons for paranoia, either mild or severe. Hormones and menopause is not seen as a significant cause of paranoia - when reading up something on the web, ALWAYS check the reputation of the site you're looking at - anybody can post any rubbish they wish on the web, riding their personal hobbyhorses and misinforming people greatly. But sites run by responsible institutions and health professionals, are usually trustworthy.
Seek a proper assessment, from a specialist psychiatrist, to get a proper diagnosis, before leaping to conclusions and starting a treatment that may very well not help, and could even make things worse. Once your expert has helped you establish the cause, you can discuss and choose a remedy that fits the cause

1