Question
Posted by: Anon | 2010-03-15

Paranoia after glucose test

Good day

I am a 30 year old female, im on cilift for anxiety related depression for a couple of years now. I was also previously on fluoxetine for obsessive compulsive behaviour and paranoia. I have come a long way with my symptoms and have been doing well. One of my OCDS have been obsessive hygeine and preoccupation with HIV and the fear the i might get it. I used to check my body for open sores and cover it as well as wash several times a day among other things. Please know that intellectually i know i cannot get infected in this way, i do not wish to offend anyone and i am not prejudice against anyone with HIV. Anyway i also have an insulin resistant condition which requires me to check my blood sugar level quite regurlarly. It becomes expensive tho as i do not have my own acc check machine. I used a family member''s yesterday, my aunt tested it for me and says she inserts a clean needle each time as i asked her this. I was in a complete daze the entire time she was doing it and this morning i am convinced i have picked up a blood disease and even had to convince myself that my family member does not want to hurt me intentionally. Please help me, any advice will do.

Thanks,

Such meds can indeed be very useful in managing obsesive problems, though I always prefer to add CBT therapy to the mix, and find it sad that so many shrinks don't learn this very valuable pechnique or use it or refer people for it - some problems really do need more than purely chemical intervention. This is a FAR FAR more effective way to help you learn to stop the negative and unhelpful habits of thought you have developed.

1