Question
Posted by: Coco | 2012/07/24

Paranoia

Hi there,

I get really paranoid when I am alone I am always convinced that something is in the room with me sometimes it is so bad i can feel breathing on me or something very lightly touching my armor leg etc...

I sleep with the lights on when my parner isn''t home and I still have to have someone sleeping in the house with me. I go through phases where i am terrified of the dark... but then there is times where i feel perfectly normal. I have bipolar is this halucination or is there some other explanation for my paranoid feelings?

And I also have seriously vivid dreams? It is so bad that I would be dreaming that I am eating or drinking something in a dream and then when I wake up I can actually taste it in my mouth?

Maybe not strictly speaking Paranoia, but fearfulness and anxiety. It can be very focussed, as when someone has a fear of heights, or "free-floating" when one feels anxious about many things. These are not hallucinations, either, but maybe what a more highly imaginative person might experience when getting very anxious.
The best thing in any such situation is to arrange to see a good local psychiatrist or psychologist for a thorough assessment and discussion, to identify more precisely the nature of the problem, and discuss treatment options. These may well include either psychotherapy / counselling ( talking therapy ) and/or medications.
These sort of fears can grow when left unattended, but fortunately also can shrink surprisingly rapidly when properly attended to

1