Question
Posted by: Peet | 2010-01-19

Paranoia

Hey doc,
Can you please give me a detailed description of paranoia. I think I' ve got it. I' m suspicious of everyone and has become very anti-social. Right now I' m in a state of mind in wich I think the country has a mass killing plan to eliminate whites from South Africa. Please Respond

Hmm. But Peet, if I told you, people might be listening ! Seriously, you're talking politics and not paranoia ( though admittedly they're sometimes similar ). Paranoia is usually more personal, and less party-political - you'd be concerned that They ( often a They you can't actually define or name ) are out to get you, for reasons you'd find very hard to explain. You might think the lady Next Door is harming you by beaming special secret rays, and you need to wrap your head in silver paper to protect yourself.
In other words, it's usually very personal, unique, a special fear - and by definition, it's a delusion. that is, not true. If They actually ARE out to get you, it's hardly paranoia to be worried about it.
Now, in a land of conflict and high crime, you may be reasonably suspicious and unsure of who to trust and who not to - that may be realistic, so long as you're still open to believing that some people, of all shades might be OK and friendly, even if some others are not.

4
Posted by: Peet | 2010-01-19

I am absolutely teerified by this thoughts and cannot sleep.

Reply to Peet
Posted by: Peet | 2010-01-19

Ya, but it' s not just that. I tend to think that everything that anyone does that annoys me, does so with the intention to annoy me and I get very angry at them. I' m also extremely moody. I am making plans to leave this country because I feel people are out to get me because of my skin color. Thanks for the advice> 

Reply to Peet
Posted by: bro | 2010-01-19

Always remember just because your paranoid that doesnt mean that they really arent out to get you......

Reply to bro