Question
Posted by: Moey | 2011-10-04

Paralysing Period cramps

Hi GynaeDoc
I''m 25, started my period around 12/13. My period pains are very severe, the only time they''re not is when I''ve taken a lot of medication, in which case I''m nauseas and sleepy. I get my period for 2 days (3rd day spotting), but the period pains go before n after the period. In a day I have to take about 12-18 myprodols to atleast put me to sleep! I''ve gone to doctors but they all say the same thing " You''re a woman, nothing can be done about it" . I''ve heard about having my uterus removed, not the best option but I''m REALLY desperate. It seems to be getting worse with every period and it''s depressing me cause for those 4-5 days I can''t eat, walk, sleep or do anything. Are there any alternatives besides having my uterus removed. I really feel like dying!

A hysterectomy is not a good option at your age. The oral contraceptive pill odten helps, as does Ponstan, starting a few days before your period is due. You may also need investigation for endomeriosis if the pain persists after the first day or two of the period.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-10-07

Posted by: slk | 2011-10-04

have you consulted a gynae before? maybe they can do an ultrasound to see what might be the problem.

Reply to slk