Question
Posted by: alet | 2012/06/17

paralized

A6 month puppy. When woke up paralized. No injury, x rays taken etc on antibiotic and cortizone. Two vets dont know. Still have feeling on legs and bag but cant stand. First leftside now both

Hi Alert

I am very sorry to hear of you situation. It is so difficult to diagnose a possible neurological/non neurological problems without going to a specialist for a full clinical and diagnostic work-up. Conditions to consider may include non-neurological conditions such as polymyositis, polyarthritis, hypoglycemia etc and neurological diseases such as tetanus, myopathy etc I do hope your beloved companion makes a full recovery.

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

8
Posted by: Tash | 2012/07/18

5 yr old pet rabbit with sudden onset of hindlimb paraparesis. No history of trauma. ? disc prolapse according to vet. Intervention too expensive. Any opinions or advice?

Reply to Tash
Posted by: alet | 2012/07/02

thanx He is ok!!!!!! After 3 weeks, hes running around on 4 legs. It is only left side still not 100% but he is running around and barking at everything?

Reply to alet
Posted by: CyberVet | 2012/06/28

Hi Alert

Kind regards
Angus Campbell

Reply to CyberVet
Posted by: Tasha | 2012/06/18

Keep persevering Alet. Wish the best for you and your doggie best friend. Hopefully time will heal.

Reply to Tasha
Posted by: alet | 2012/06/18

Im doing physio. Hes a lot better today, moving his legs a little bit but cant stand or moving forward on his feet. It is a foxterier

Reply to alet
Posted by: Tasha | 2012/06/18

Try a little bit of gentle ''physio'' with him - gently massage his back and legs and move his little legs in and out, stretch them and bend them. Another thing to try is to fill your bath with warm water and lower him in - he should do the ''swimming action'' which is very good exercise.
What type of dog is he and whereabouts are you - I would love to help. Oh, gosh - my heart is too soft when it comes to animals!!!

Reply to Tasha
Posted by: alet | 2012/06/18

no injury or something like that. He''s my baby and we are 24hours a day together. No children around. From yesterday there is a little movement in his legs but still can''t stand on his own. At this stage we give him Antirobe aquadrops and Prednisilone and also deworm him again.

Reply to alet
Posted by: Tasha | 2012/06/17

Alet, is it at all possible that your puppy was kicked at any stage? This could happen when children are running around and puppy gets in the way accidently. Or, God forbid, can be done purposely. If this has happened he will, with love, care and gentleness hopefully heal again.
Perhaps he should also be on anti-inflammatories. Vets are pricey but maybe another opinion would help. This little creature is too young to be having these problems out of the blue.

Reply to Tasha