Posted by: Cazz | 2011-03-29

Papsmear results

hi, doc I have recently had a pap smear done ,and the results were not too good, my gynae told me that I have a Low Grade Squamous Intraepitheliel Lesion that was caused by a
Human Papillomaviruses , not too sure what all of this means ,but he says its not that serious and must od another pap smear in 6 months time, but recently I noticed I have been having crazy discharge ,very yellow and chunky sometimes smelly, but assuming its thrush I use OTC cream called covospor cream for that ,it helps but it reoccurrs and sex with my partner does not really happen anymore as once penetration occurrs I start to burn really badly . please advise , as I am losing all hope in almost everything now.ant this has taken its toll on my partner as well . I am 27yrs old .

Have a look at the Top 5 questions for ways of preventing recurrent thrush. The pap smear shows that you have a mild grade of abnormal cells. These can sometimes resolve on their own, but they can sometimes get worse. It is very important to follow this up with another pap smear in 6 months.

Posted by: Cazz | 2011-04-05

thank you to all for your advise really do appreciate it. I guess I will be paying my gynae another visit just confirm that it is thrush or not. and hope for the best with my next pap smear.

Reply to Cazz
Posted by: Purple | 2011-03-31

When you have an abnormal pap smear result, they do repeat the pap smear six months later, as sometimes things have resolved by themselves, if however the problem is still there, then they are pre-cancerous cells and your gynae will talk you through what will be done next.

As you are having this unusual discharge perhaps you should phone your gynae and ask if you should not come back sooner than waiting the full 6 months.

thrush is usually white and itchy.

Reply to Purple