Question
Posted by: Cat | 2010/09/02

Papsmear results

I''m 46 and had a Papsmear last week for the first time in about three years. I was advised to come back for another test in six months, but that everything was " OK" . This unsettles me. Does having to come back after six months for another test mean that abnormal cells were detected?

It may mean that there were abnormal cells or infective changes or there weren't cells from far enough up the cervical canal. Discuss the details with your doctor.

3

Posted by: Cat | 2010/09/03

OK cool - will stop being so paranoid.

Thanks -

Cat.

Reply to Cat
Posted by: BB | 2010/09/03

My gynae told me that after a certain age it is preferable to have a pap every six months cos the older you get the chances of things happening is higher, so its just a precautionary measure I''m sure.

Reply to BB