Question
Posted by: Curious | 2009/12/07

papsmear Hiv+results

I'  m a 35 year old woman. I have annual papsmears for the last 10 yrs which always came back normal, my last normal result was in August this year.I only had 1 sexual partner, which is now my xhusband. the last time we had intercourse was Dec2008,I had an Hiv test 2years back for an insurance which was negative,but i scheduled another one for this Friday. I know that the only way to be certain is a bloodtest for HIV so i'  m still having it done friday, but i'  m just curious and would really like to know that, If there'  s a possibility that i am positive,would it have been detected in my last papsmear results as well as the previous ones? My ex went for an HIV test and it was negative(according to him)...but i'  ll b a fool to trust the cheating bastard again! Many thanks

Hallo Curious
No you would not pick up HIV positivity on a papsmear - it only checks for cancer cells on the cervix. The blood test is the only way.

1
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/12/08

Hallo Curious

Reply to cyberdoc