Question
Posted by: Curious | 2009/12/07

papsmear Hiv+results

I' m a 35 year old woman. I have annual papsmears for the last 10 yrs which always came back normal, my last normal result was in August this year.I only had 1 sexual partner, which is now my xhusband. the last time we had intercourse was Dec2008,I had an Hiv test 2years back for an insurance which was negative,but i scheduled another one for this Friday. I know that the only way to be certain is a bloodtest for HIV so i' m still having it done friday, but i' m just curious and would really like to know that, If there' s a possibility that i am positive,would it have been detected in my last papsmear results as well as the previous ones? My ex went for an HIV test and it was negative(according to him)...but i' ll b a fool to trust the cheating bastard again! Many thanks

To my knowlege papsmear tests do not indicate HIV status - they simply take a scraping of cervical cells to check for any abnormal changes. Since you last had unprotected sex a year ago, you are well outside the window period where usual tests might not pick up the virus; so you will only get a clear result on Friday. Why don't you check out the following site for more info on HIV testing: http://www.csa.za.org/article/articleview/422/1/16/

1
Posted by: Sexologist | 2009/12/07

Reply to Sexologist