Question
Posted by: Kristen | 2010/09/07

Papsmear

Good morning CD, thanks for the reply. I''m due for a pap smear this month could this problem be detected my gynae during the papsmear.

Kind Regards

Hi CD, please could you help, for the pass 2 weeks I have been having really painful intercourse (almost like there isn''''t any lubrication). My vaginal odour seems to be smelling a little different also but the discharge colour is still as usual. I was wondering what it could possibly be and if I have to see a Gynae or maybe buy something over the counter. I''''m 24.

Thanks for all your help.

EXPERT''S REPLY
Subject:
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 6/9/2010
Hallo Kristen
You may have a slight yeast infection but rather let your GP or Gyne take a swab so that they can give you the correct treatment. You can use KY jelly as a lubrication until it becomes better.

Hallo Kristin
Yes your Gyne will be able to detect any infection or abnormality with a papsmear. What you can do in the mean time is maybe use Betadine douche twice a day for a week if you are not allergic to iodene. Read package insert carefully before use. You don't need to put the spout in too deep 2-3 cms is enough.

1
Posted by: Cyberdoc | 2010/09/07

Hallo Kristin