Posted by: H v Z | 2009-09-09

papilloma virus

Been diagnosed with papilloma virus via a pap smear. I am concerned? I have read about this and every second word is cancer? How can I get rid of it? I am married and concerned for my kids and my husband? Please help?

Not all strains of HPV cause cancer. You should check whihc strain you have. There is no way of getting rid of the virus, but its effects can be managed. Your children are not at risk. If you have the starin that causes warts, your husband could get these as well, but it is much less common in men.

Posted by: T | 2009-09-11

You cannot get rid of it. You deal with it and live with it. It can not be given to your children, although i think your husband might have to be tested! Good luck. With regular papsmears, early stages of cancer can be picked up and removed through a lletz procedure.

Reply to T