Question
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/07/08

Pap smear reults

5 years ago i went for my last pap, the results showed CIN 1. For this reason I haven' t been since i thought I rather not know if anything is serious. I am going on Friday for my 1st pap in 5 years, i am extremely nervous. Can CIN 1 cells progress or can they disappear? What are the chances that they have progressed?

CIN 1 can progress. This is the reason for pap smears, to treat problems before they get worse. It is no use speculating what may have happened in your case. You will have to wait for the results of the repeat pap smear.