Question
Posted by: Older Lady | 2011-06-23

Pap smear

I went to a gynae (he is a Professor). The only thing he did was to do a scope externally, as he said that I am so skinny that he can see clearly without doing internal. The thing that worries me is that he said that because of my age, at that stage 56 and the fact that I am not sexually active, a pap smear is no longer necessary. Is this true?

Do you mean an external ultrasound. This is fine if you are thin. If your last pap smear was normal and you are not sexually active, then at your age you do not need a pap smear unless you have symptoms.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2011-06-27

Posted by: Colleen | 2011-06-24

I would think that if you still have your uteris a pap smear is necessary.

Reply to Colleen