Question
Posted by: Sammy | 2010/10/21

Pap smear

I would like to know the procedure for a pap smear. Is it painful? How long does it take? Thinking about it mjakes me not wanna do it but i''m due for one. The last doctor it felt like he was drilling me &  i ran away &  have never looked back. Please tell me there is new tech something.

Dear Sammy,

I would suggest you post this question to the gynaecologist. As a sexologist this is not my area of speciality. I am aware that it generally is a procedure about which many women have anxiety and discomfort about and that the Dr needs to be very gentle and reassuring during the procedure. The more anxious and tense you are the more challenging it is for the dr to do the procedure.