Question
Posted by: nn | 2010-01-21

Pap smear

I am 25 and sexually active but have never been for a pap smear test. I want to find out how often do i need to go and what do they test for? Do they also test for STD' s?

The pap smear tests for cervical cancer only. You should go now and then every two years if the results are normal.

2
Posted by: gynaedoc | 2010-01-24

Posted by: T | 2010-01-22

If you are sexually active you should go for a papsmear at least once a year. The only STD it can pick up is Human Papiloma Virus which can cause cell changes on the cervix which can lead to cervical cancer if untreated.
It is really important that you go and stick to going once a year!

Reply to T