Question
Posted by: Me | 2008/07/30

Pap Smear

Would just like to know if any Dr. would consider putting you to sleep to perform a pap smear.
Weird question i know but would that be possible.
I am extremely afraid of this examination like i cant explain
Unbelievably so,its like a phobia of some sort and i dont think i would ever go for one unless i was put to sleep.
I no its not nec.painfull or anything like that i i know what it entails.
Please reply asap
thanks

An anaesthetic would be an unnecessary risk. Doctors have ways of accommodating nervous patients, including allowing you to put in the speculum yourself.

1
Posted by: PAP | 2008/07/31

Hi Me, If you are shy, go to a female doc, if you were out lots of people in theatre would be looking at your privates, so rather go to a gynae and get it over with, its no big deal, a little embarrassing at first, but once the examination begins you dont think about it anymore, if you prefer a man, as i do then just go, even if you are nervous, they are pros

Reply to PAP