Posted by: Lynn | 2009-07-21

My 10mnd oue GSD is gediagnoseer met pano. Sy is tans op anti-inflamaroriese tablette, deur vet gegee. Sal dit help of skade doen as ek haar nou op Adult dieet sit of moet sy tot 1jaar of 18mnd op puppy bly? Sy weeg tans 29kg.

Dear Lynn

Stay on puppy food, unless otherwise discussed with your vet.

Posted by: jax | 2009-07-23

- my one dog developed panosteitis, so I read u quite a lot about it. In his case, he' s a rescue boy who was terribly starved and abused.
There seems to be agreement that some dogs have a genetic predisposition to it, and that this can be worsened by poor nutrition. In your case, where you are feeding her properly, that' s obviously not the issue - maybe ask your vet if you should be giving any supplements, or more food based on her size already!

With Paddy, x-rays showed he had previously had it in one front leg, then he had it in the other front leg after I' d adopted him. After 6 weeks on cortisone though, it cleared up and has never reoccurred - and he is now a huge and very healthy monster of a dog!

Reply to jax