Posted by: Sam | 2012-07-09

panic attacks?

Hello Dr Anrich

I asked you about high blood pressure and passing out the other day. I told you how I lose control of my body, and turn blue and get pins and needles, and that my doc said it was high blood pressure and she put me on Pearinda, Ecotrin and Ridaq.

I went back to her on Thursday because I didn''t feel well. I was weak, shaking, it felt like it took all my power to hold myself up, my chest was sore, and my jaws were clenched. She told me right away that I''m having a panic attack. My blood pressure was highish, but not nearly as bad as it''s been, but my ECG wasn''t normal. She said that she thinks it wasn''t normal because of my fast heart rate (130) and she said I had a fast heart rate because of my panic attack. I didn''t feel like I was having a panic attack. I felt calm. I know what I feel like when I panic. She did all kinds of other tests and phoned me today to tell me that everything came back normal, no infection, I wasn''t having a heart attack (I didn''t think that I was), and I''m not aneamic either they say. Could it really be a pnic attack?

Yes, a panic attack is a possibility but usually you will feel subjective that you are having a panic attack. I still feel that you should consult a neurologist for an examination and to exclude epilepsy.