Posted by: lolly | 2010-09-30

Panic Attacks

I need to know what to do in order to avoid having panic attacks and which food can I avoid that trigger this?
Can I still excercise/gym?

Expert ImageArchive

Hi Lexie,

Panic can be very debilitating and Im sure you must struggle with the lack of emotional control that sweeps over you during an attack?

What seems to cause the event for you? Are there certain events or people or even tasks that cause panic for you?

Yes there are many things one can do before you get pregnant and also during pregnancy. The first thing to do is to check the basics are in place:
1- Are you sleeping enough
2- are you eating small healthy meals
3- you should also be exercising daily or at least most days.

Some people can still get linked pathology like insomnia, raised BP, migraine etc. Do you have any of these?
My suggestion is that you also learn how to relax. Try yoga, meditation, or even a relaxing hobby like knitting or art can help together with a CBT or health coaching program will usually reduce panic.

What habe you tried to date?

I am doing at the Look and Feel Good Expo this weekend as well if you are in Jhb perhaps and will be available for discussion after :)

Kindest regards,

Dr Justin J. Kennedy
B.Soc.Sci; MSBC; PhD

Posted by: Foxee | 2010-10-19

maybe you should try Zoloft - i had panic attacks and i was cured with zoloft.

Reply to Foxee