Posted by: Loyiso | 2009-10-13

Panic Attack/Depression

This is a continuation of my last posting. as a result of what i have mentioned in my first posting i have currently the following symptoms: 1.Feeling sad all the time. 2.Feeling of unending strong tension inside my chest. 3.Thinking negative about life all the time. 4.Teary and feeling like crying even when watching sad story on TV. 5.Heart pumping fast/irregular heart beat. 6.Chest pains though tested for heart many times. 7. Feeling like shaking inside and my body feeling stiff. 8.Forgetting smallest things like words to use in a sentence and names of the people. 9. Feeling like losing touch with reality. 10.Afraid of dying. 11. insomnia. 12.Loss of concentration. 13. Rushing to complete sentence. 14.waking up at night with fast heart beat. 15. Hot flushes on my forehead. 16. Feeling like losing control when driving. Please help.

Sorry, folks, but as I have to rush to Durban for an emergency, this forum was supposed to have been closed from Noon Monday, and has only been left open by mistake. So it will be extremely difficult for me to respond to all questions before Friday.
Sounds very like Depression, and with some symptoms of an anxiety disorder, too. Fortunately this condition responds really well to treatmnent, both with medications ( especially those usually used to treat depression, which help Anxiety symptoms, too ; and with CBT ( Cognitive-Behaviour Therapy ). You could be feeling much better before long --- arrange if possible to see a good local psychiatrist or a psych clinic at your nearest medical school or large state hospital or clinic.