Question
Posted by: Kasandra | 2008/09/15

Panic attack

Hi cybershrink~ hope all is ok your side. We went out friday night~ didnt eat much and had champagne and a few drinks. Well i drove home got lost etc driving reckless it was scary! Had a full ò n panic attack (havent had one since 2000) . Was a wake up call! Not touching alcohol again! Just i try to put it behind me and move on. But my body is tense and in shock! Feel sick just thinking about it.

Sorry to hear about this k ! The alcohol will have been disinhibiting and may have lowered your threshold to another panic attack, and it did occur in a genuinely scary situation. Yes, aoid the alcohol ( except possibly in small amounts its rarely good for anyone ) and move on. Maybe you slightly under-estimated the risk of another panic attack --- don't now over-estimate that risk

1
Posted by: Anonymous | 2009/05/19

how does one cope with a panic attack?