Posted by: Thando | 2010-07-05

Pancreatic disorder

My husband suffered severe pancreatic disorder two weks ago and he was hospitalized, the doctor told him it was caused by severe alcohol intake. The doctor advised him to stop drinking alcohol. He stopped for just one week, but now he drinking again. He said that whisky makes the problem worse and beers are good as they wont cause any harm. Is this true? Can he drink beers again? I am so worried and i feel helpless.

Expert ImageNatural health

Your liver and pancreas needs to still eliminate and deal with the toxins of any alcohol. If he was hospitalized then his condition would have been quite severe and any insult to the liver and pancreas should be avoided.

A diet healthy in vegetables and fruit should be followed for 8 weeks to reduce any inflammation in the body.

Dr Debbie