Posted by: Michelle30 | 2011-06-03

Pancreas Transplant

Good day Cyberdoc,
Who can I speak to about Pancreas Transplants and finding out if I qualify?
I am a T1 diabetic, recently diagnosed with Autonomic neuropathy and Polyneuropathy. I have had chronic diarrhea for 9 months, been hospitalised 3 times due to dehydration, and have plummeted to 43 kilograms. I am at my wits end, and for the most part feel near suicidal, as the meds that have been prescribed are not working.
My body feels permanently worn out, and as stupid as this may sound, I literally feel like I am dying.
I am 30 years old and have a 4 yo to raise alone, hence me trying to find any option that will work.

I suggest that you consult a general surgeon for evaluation of your condition. He/she will then be able to motivate a pancreas transplantation.

Refer to the following link for valuable information:

Good luck and regards