Question
Posted by: Barry | 2012/11/08

Pancreas

Hi Doctor

I am diabetic type 2 i inject myself with insulin every morning and take both glucophage and novus, i have been having terrible pains in my back and was reffered by my surgeon to a CT scan done on the abdomen.
All the organs indications were that they were fine , however by the pancreas they indicated ( Atrofies in afrikaans) wat does it mean if the pancreas is atrofies.

I am only seeing the surgeon next week again and curious to understand the problem

Barry

Atrophy means that the pancreas have decreased in size and therefore, appears to be small on the CT scan.