Posted by: Anon | 2012-06-11

Two years ago I saw a gasroenterologist who diagnosed Gord and hiatus hernia. Depsite taking the meds - altosec, I have not had relief of the upper left quadrant pain (but have relief of heartburn). The dr told me today that the only other thing that causes the symptoms I have is a problem with my pancreas. I have non of the risk factors. No drinking etc. At the time, 2 years ago, I had a scan of the organs and no problems were found. It has been 2 years now. Would a scan - I think it was a ct scan, always pick up problems with pancreas? Is it possible that some problem with my pancreas was missed?

Thanks you

A CT scan will not necessarily pick up pathology of the pancreas. Microscopic disease will not feature. Your doctor will have to do blood tests to determine if there is disease of the pancreas.