Question
Posted by: pregnant | 2009/11/04

panado' s

Hi Cyberdoc,

I am 22 weeks pregnant and usually have bad migraines. The headaches have not gone since I have fallen pregnant and because I haven' t taken anything are really painfull and last three days. I have been advised by my gynae that panados are okay to take which surprisingly have helped (usually they dont' ). I would like to know can too many panados harm the baby? I have taken 2 x 3 x per day as the maximum and then the next day 2 x 1 x day, then nothing for a few days, then 2 x 1 a day for odd days.

I also have been experiencing cramps in my calf that wakes me up and sends me hoping around in the middle of the night. I have read that it is usually in late pregnancy that this occurs and also can be a mineral deficiency. I am taking a preg multivitamin, eat a healthy diet with at 3 servings of dairy a day. Is there any advise you can give?

Thanks for your advice!!

Hi Pregnant
Panado is safe in the doses that you have been taken it. Try to take extra calcium and magnesium supplement ( Calmag) and stretch before you go to bed - stand with your feet half a meter away from the wall, lean forward and try to put your heels on the ground. If you get it in the night a hot water bottle works wonders - also pull up your toes to break the spasm. I also had it during my pregnancies and it is very painful! They think it is caused by overexertion of the leg muscles, so avoid very high heels.

2
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hi Pregnant

Reply to cyberdoc
Posted by: cyberdoc | 2009/11/04

Hi Pregnant

Reply to cyberdoc