Question
Posted by: Natalie | 2012/06/01

panado

Can I safely take panado in first trimester pregnancy? I have aweful headaches. If yes. What is maximum daily dosage?

Expert ImagePharmacist

Hi Natalie

Paracetamol is known to be safe in pregnancy. Each dose of paracetamol - one to two 500 milligram (mg) tablets - lasts about four hours, and a maximum of 4g (eight 500mg tablets) can be taken in 24 hours. However, as with any medicine taken during pregnancy, use paracetamol at the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time.
If the recommended dose of paracetamol doesn’t control your symptoms or you’re in pain, get more advice from your GP.

1
Posted by: pharmacist | 2012/06/01

Hi Natalie

Reply to pharmacist