Posted by: didi | 2009-02-23

palms/soles sensitive to dry surfaces

I' m not even sure what to call this or even how to explain it... my hands and feet are extremely sensitive to dry or dusty surfaces! Sand, even a little bit of dust on tiles. Dry, wooden objects like cutting boards, knife handles, skewers, tooth-picks, newspaper and even the feel of normal paper gives me goosebumps and I even feel the sensitivety in my teeth! I' ve had this problem since I can remember but now that I am older it is getting unbearably worse! Initially washing my hands and applying cream would work but not anymore - someone please tell me I' m not the only one suffering from this weird disorder!

Hallo Didi
Please try and see an occupational therapist - it may be that you need evaluation to see if there are any signs of peripheral neuropathy or you may need treatment with TENS ( transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation). You are not the only one suffering with this!